Senior Managing Partner at Red Queen Ventures, supporting and advising innovative technology-based projects worldwide.
During over 25 years of profesional career, Maria-J. has also hold Board of Directors positions (including) and top management roles mostly in multinational companies with responsibility over Southern Europe and LatinAmerica regions:
- Non-Executive Board Member, member of the Audit Committee, and Remuneration Committee, at Zinkia Enternainment – Pocoyó (global “digital edutainment” or education through digital entertainment)
- President of Cable & Wireless Spain, and Institutional Relations Director for Southern Europe & LatinAmerica (telecommunications)
- Board Secretary & General Counsel Uni2/Orange (telecommunications)
- Country Director Spain, Portugal & Italy at GTS (telecommunications)
- Legal Director Spain & Portugal at Tetra Pak (food-packaging)
- Legal Manager at GlaxoSmithKline (pharmaceuticals)
Because of her strategic and innovative vision, Maria-J. has been the industry representative at the respective European and international industry organizations since the early stages of Internet as a service.
Maria-J. is an active member of several non-profit social and profesional organizations.
MJ is President of International Business Women (IBWomen), a non-profit supporting the advancement of women professionally. She has been appointed by the European Commission as expert to design the EU program to foster women’s entrepreneurship.
- Graduated in Law by the Universidad Complutense de Madrid and by Universidad CEU
- Global Management Development Program in Coventry (United Kingdom)
- Senior Executive Program at the Graduate School of Business in Stanford University (USA)
Her residence in the Silicon Valley during the SEP GSB program in Stanford has been a revolving factor in her vision of current world.
MJ speaks Spanish, English, French, Italian, Portuguese, and has basic level of German.
Maria-J. is married and has 2 sons. The whole family is passionate about skiing and sailing.